Local Sustainable Transport Fund
Successful Bid Development
Our knowledge of what makes a comprehensive and effective travel behaviour change programme helped to leverage £64 million of funding from the Local Sustainable Transport Fund.
In partnership with our colleagues at Transport for Quality of Life we supported the following bids by variously acting as team member, critical friend, stakeholder engager, impartial facilitator and expert advisor as required!
- Cambridgeshire County Council - Getting Cambridgeshire to Work (£5m)
- Central Bedfordshire - South Central Bedfordshire: Smarter Routes to Employment (£4.95m)
- Cumbria County Council with Lake District National Park Authority - Lake District Sustainable Visitor Transport Beacon Area (£4.89m)
- Derby City Council - Derby: Better Ways to Work (£4.92m)
- East Sussex County Council - Travel Choices for Lewes (£1.57m)
- Gloucestershire County Council - Cheltenham & Gloucester Sustainable Travel Programme (£4.96m)
- Hampshire County Council and partners - Sustainable Transport Solutions for England's Two Newest National Parks (£3.81m)
- Warwickshire County Council - Stratford-upon-Avon Local Sustainable Transport Project (£4.99m)
- West of England Partnership - West of England Key Commuter Routes (£5m) and West of England Sustainable Travel (£24.04m)
We know though, that getting LSTF funding is only the start of the process; successful bids then need to be turned in to actual programmes being successfully delivered on the ground. Experience tells us that setting up such ambitious programmes can often take 6-9 months.
We can help get your programme up and running by acting as interim programme manager or by adding our experience and expertise in to the mix of your existing team. The types of programme initiation headaches we can help with are:
- Recruitment of a programme manager / delivery team.
- Formalising agreement of roles, responsibilities and funding from partners
- Maintaining the engagement and support of senior managers, Members, partners and stakeholders
- Procurement of key goods and services
- Design, set-up and delivery of appropriate programme and financial management
- Compilation of programme management documentation (e.g. project initiation documents, project plans, risk register, issues log, communications plan)
- Specifying a monitoring & evaluation strategy
- Collation of baseline monitoring data
- Developing a public-facing name and brand
- Specifying a marketing strategy
- Detailed planning of specific measures or sub-elements within the programme
- Acting as a focal point to managing and resolving all of your programme's day-to-day issues, queries and problems
Read our case study about our previous experience as Interim Programme Manager for Go Lakes Travel, the Lake District's LSTF programme.