- Sustainable transport policy and programme development
- Design, delivery and evaluation of area-wide smarter choice programmes
- Design, delivery and evaluation of specific smarter choice measures
- Facilitation of stakeholder engagement
- Understanding of the local and national government context
Beth has extensive experience of working on sustainable transport projects. Past projects and responsibilities for previous employers include:
- Co-authoring What Works: Learning from the Local Sustainable Transport Fund (Department for Transport)*
- Co-authoring Local Sustainable Transport Fund Annual Reports for 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2014/15 (Department for Transport)*
- Monitoring and evaluation of Connected - a LSTF project (Derby City Council)*
- Expert advisor to New Forest Family Cycling Experiences - a Cycling Ambition project (New Forest National Park Authority)
- Interim Programme Manager setting up Two National Parks LSTF programme (Hampshire County Council / New Forest National Park Authority / South Downs National Park Authority)
- Interim Programme Manager setting up Go Lakes Travel LSTF programme (Cumbria County Council / Lake District National Park Authority)
- Supporting LSTF bid development with expert advice and stakeholder engagement (Cambridgeshire County Council / Derby City Council* / East Sussex County Council* / Lake District National Park Authority* / New Forest & South Downs National Park Authorities* / Warwickshire County Council / West of England Partnership*)
- Development of Smarter Choices Strategy (Warwickshire County Council)
- Supporting procurement of personalised travel planning (Cambridgeshire County Council)
Associate, Sustainable Travel Team
- Research and production of Making a Cycling Town, the evaluation report compiling practitioner's experiences of the Cycling Demonstration Town programme (Cycling England)
- Smarter Choices advisor to the 18 Cycling Towns & Cities (Cycling England)
- Development of Greater Manchester's travel behaviour change strategy for their Transport Innovation Fund bid (Greater Manchester Passenger Transport Executive)
- Production of travel plans for The National Archives and Parexel as part of the Site Specific Advice scheme (Transport for London)
- Production of a university travel plan across six campuses (University of Brighton)
- Specification of iTrace's residential travel planning module (Transport for London / iBase)
- Options paper on journey planning information provision for disabled spectators at London 2010 (Olympic Delivery Authority)
- Member of the Sustainable Travel Town Project Review Expert Panel (Department for Transport)
Peterborough City Council
- Delivery of Travelchoice, Peterborough's highly successful Sustainable Travel Town programme
- Provision of national training and professional support network for School Travel Advisors
- Member of the Expert Panel on School Travel for Department for Transport / Department for Education & Skills
School Travel Plan Coordinator
Peterborough City Council
- Implementation of school travel plan development strategy for 70+ schools
International Development Coordinator
Stakeholder Forum for Our Common Future
- Facilitation of stakeholder engagement in the World Summit on Sustainable Development (2002) and the United Nation's Commission on Sustainable Development
* Projects in partnership with Transport for Quality of Life.
Walk: Slipping on some comfy shoes to go out and explore a new city; just wandering around and seeing what you come across. My most recent chance to do this was in Amsterdam, where I loved the bikes, buses, boats, trams and trains too. Boy, do the Dutch know how to do sustainable transport!
Cycle Ride: Loading the kids in to our cargo bike and heading off along the lane to the shop or school in the next village; spotting tractors, sheep and other sights as we go.
Bus Trip: Anything on a double decker where I can nosey in to people's back gardens from the top deck!
Train Journey: Any long one which involves a quiet carriage and a good book.
Car Ride: My old car-share commute with Claire, when we got to have a good ol' gossip every morning.