Monitoring & Evaluation
Our approach to monitoring and evaluation is to look at how data can be simply and cost-effectively captured through the delivery of your sustainable transport initiatives.
We enable a bottom-up evaluation of the outputs and outcomes of individual initiatives, while also capturing data which allows for robust estimates of the wider impacts of your programme, such as on health, car use and carbon saving.
We collate data from across all elements of your programme, and from all delivery teams, partners and suppliers; providing you with a holistic picture of what your programme has achieved.
We can help with:
- Developing a proportional, programme-wide monitoring strategy
- Advice on designing data collection in to the delivery of initiatives.
- Timely data collection
- Independent and impartial analysis of data
- Acting as an independent clearing-house for collection, collation and analysis of data from all programme partners.
- Producing authoritative yet easy-to-digest evaluation reports
Email us or call 01778 305088 to chat through the possibilities.
Read our case study about how we helped with the monitoring and evaluation of Derby's Local Sustainable Transport Fund programme.
Find out about all the other ways we can help with your Access Fund programme.
Why Use The Smarter Choice Consultancy
Beth Hiblin, our lead expert, has:
- Been involved in the Department for Transport's evaluations of their Sustainable Travel Towns, Cycling Cities & Towns, Local Sustainable Transport Fund and Cycle City Ambition programmes.
- Researched and co-authored What Works: Learning from the Local Sustainable Transport Fund 2011-2015, which includes learning for monitoring and evaluation.
- Researched and authored Making a Cycling Town - Cycling England's qualitative evaluation of the six original Cycling Towns.
- Experience of the reality of on-the-ground delivery of sustainable transport programmes, including monitoring and evaluation.